CNA Training In Grand Rapids MI Locations
Becoming A CNA In Grand Rapids
There is a myriad of CNA training locations in the city of Grand Rapids where you can utilize to gain the education you need to become a certified nurse aide in Michigan where the average salary is $28,000 a year. Being that the minimum amount of hours for a certification course is set at 75 hours for the state of Michigan, your training will consist of at least that, which will be done in the form of classroom learning as well as hands on training in a clinical setting.
There will be at least 16 hours of each, where the Michigan Department of Community Health, Bureau of Health Professions recommends at minimum of 34 hours of classroom training hours. CNA classes will consist of anywhere from 3 to 8 weeks in total. A Grand Rapids Michigan CNA training course can is taught by a Registered Nurse (RN) as well as the possiblity of having a Guest Teacher who teachers a cetain specialty to the class. Some of what may be taught in a CNA trainin class can include:
- Vital Signs (heart rate, blood pressure, respiration, pulse)
- Maintaining Patient Hygiene
- Moving a Patient With a Gait Belt
- Range of Motion Exercises
- Patient Communication (verbal and non verbal)
- Medical Terminology
- Mental Health
- How to Control Infections
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Patient Rights
- Heimlich Maneuver and Other Emergency Procedures
CNA Training in Grand Rapids MI Locations
- Goodwill Industries of Greater Grand Rapids, Inc.
3035 Prairie Street SW Grandville, MI 49418
- Walker Medical Instructional Services
1035 4 Mile Road NW Grand Rapids, MI 49544 (phone: 616-784-3001)
- Everest Institute
1750 Woodworth NE Grand Rapids, MI 49525
Closeby Grand Rapids CNA Training
- Thompson M-Tech
6364 136th Avenue Pvt.
Holland, MI 49424
After your CNA courses in Grand Rapids MI had concluded, you will have to take the Michigan certification test, also known as the Michigan Nurse Aide Competency Evaluation Program, which will consist of both
- A multiple choice test, where you will have to answer: at least 80% of them correctly to move on to the clinical test.
- The clinical test will require you to demonstrate patient care skills, where you will need to do all of them correctly which you will get 3 chances on each patient skill.
CNA testing in Grand Rapids is done through Prometric, where they will offer 3 different locations for you to take your testing which will include:
- GRCC Downtown
143 Bostwic NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
- Midtowne Center
96 W 15th Street
- Kent Career Technical Center
1655 East Beltline NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49525
CNA Classes In Grand Rapids MI Admittance Requirements
In order to get into a nurse aide training course in Grand Rapids MI you need to fit certain requirements in order to get into a class, which can include:
- A high school education or a G.E.D.
- Not pregnant.
- Disease free.
- A background check.
Grand Rapids CNA training can run one anywhere from $200 to $800 for the entire course, which if you are interested in getting your courses for free, you can check out free training methods by clicking the following link: CNA training in Grand Rapids MI.