How To Get Your CNA Training At No Cost
There are various ways that you can get free CNA training in NYC meaning that you get to keep your money, I mean why not have someone else pay for it?! The first thing that you want to have though when looking for paid CNA training in NYC is the passion for helping people as having this will be evident to those you are looking to get funding from and they will be more inclined to help you out.
- The first methods that has worked out for many CNA’s in NYC is either calling or better yet visiting a health care agency that finds work opportunities for their clients that are CNA’s. This is one of the best methods known as in order to entice individuals to work for them, the will offer to pay for their CNA education which in exchange they agree to be a client with the agency. Now this even means that employment will come with the agreement, offering you to the opportunity to kill two birds with one stone.
- No matter where you live in the Big Apple, another plan of action to get Free CNA training in New York City is by call hospitals and assisted living centers directly. These sort of facilities and locations can at times give you the opportunity to do your training through CNA courses that they hold, which are directly through them, which the CNA training class is given to individuals at no cost who agree to work for them and no one else after the training has finished.
- You can also submit a FAFSA which is a federal document that when submitted is reviewed by officials where they decide if you are eligible for federal grant money, which there are two federal programs through the FAFSA, both (more…)
Free CNA Classes In Michigan
If you are looking for free CNA classes in Michgan, there are multiple methods that you can utilize that has resulted in free CNA training in Michigan in the passed for CNA’s that are working now. By obtaining free training, your will save hundreds or even thousands and will obtain the credentials needed to go into the highly demanded CNA profession where the averate salary for a certified nursing asssitant in Michigan is around $29,000. These free CNA classes in Michigan will last a mininum of 75 hours which is a the minimum study hours requirement for CNA training in the state. Your class will include in class training that is taught by an RN or LVN, skills labratories along with going to a clinical setting and getting hands on training there. Below are the methods that you can use when looking for free CNA courses in Michigan.
How To Get Free CNA Classes In Michigan
- Unemployed/Laid Off – First off, if you happen to be unemployed, you can get free CNA training in Michigan by either contacting a local unemployment agency, or Michigan’s Department of Human Serivces whom are both federally funded and will do all that is possible to provided financial means for training if the individual is willing to apply themselves but cannot do so because they do not have the money.
- MichiganWorks – MichiganWorks is another state funded program that is affiliated with the “No Worker Left Behind” program which offers eligible applicants the opportunity to get up to $5,000 a year for two years that can be applied towards their tution costs and other school related costs. In order to qualify for this program you must either have a family income that is less than $40,000 a year, or be unemployed or about go be laid off. The quickest way to get started with this free Michigan CNA training resource is to contact your local MichiganWorks office.
- Another great method that you can try is by contacting nursing homes, long term care facilities and hospitals that are near where you live and asking them if they offer free training, as many of these types of facilities hold classes outside their facility in which they offer either scholarships or free training to those who agree to work for them when their are done with their nurse aide training.
- Grants – There are also federal and private grants, which you can either talk to a financial advisor at one of the local community colleges in Michigan and/or fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) which allows you to apply for various federal grant programs. Speaking of community colleges, you can get discounted or free training at these places if you fit certain income brackets or personal situations like being a single parent, unemployed, etc, which community colleges just happen to offer some of the cheapest CNA training around. To learn about the accredited CNA programs in Michigan as well as their admission requirements, you can visit the following link: Free CNA Classes In Michigan.
- If you aren’t able to find free CNA classes in Michigan then the best thing to do is save your receipt, the one that is given to you when your purchases your CNA training and save it, which when you attain a job as a certified nurse assistant you can present it to your employer and ask them if they reimburse tuition costs.
Getting Your CNA Training For Free
In today’s day in age you can get free CNA training, you just know what methods to use. Using more traditional methods like applying for federal and private grants can be an option but tend to take a while to find out if you are eligible as well may not provide you with enough money to fund your training which can cost up to a couple thousand dollars. But there is are different ways, better ways, which below can get you on a very good start on your quest for free CNA classes in Michigan.
1.) Free Michigan CNA training can come from calling different healthcare facilities like; nursing homes, long term care facilities and even hospitals, which often pay for an individuals CNA training directly or will reimuburse them after they begin working for them. Either way you will be gauranteed a job after your certification course is completed as well as not have for pay for your Michigan CNA training. This method will most likely require you to meet certain score requirements on your testing and/or grades. Another agreement that will most likely need to be made with this method is having to sign an agreement that you will work there for a certain amount of time, usually two years.
2.) Free CNA training in Michigan can also come to you with ease if you are unemployed, who knew unemployment could be a good thing?! If you are currently unemployed, you will want to contact your local unemployment agency which they will most likely pay for most or all of your training, which at the same time you may still be able to receive your unemployment benefits.
3.) You can also get free nurse aide training in Michigan through one of the Detroit Red Cross chapter. They are part of the program called No Workers Left Behind which is a program designed specifically for the state of Michigan offering federal funding for school tuition to those who fit certain situations. To participate you must fit one of the following;
- Either unemployed or have been laid off or served with a letter of termination.
- If employed your family must have an income that doesn’t exceed $40,000 a year.
4.) If you happen to have served or a serving in the armed forces, the possibility of getting your cna training paid for is very possible.
5) You can also check out your local community college as community colleges are backed by federal funding which is set up for those who have trouble affording school but still have a strong desire to further their education. In order to receive free CNA training at a community college in Michigan, you need to have certain income requirements, which you make less than a certain amount usually $25,000 a year. Those who have served are also given priority when it comes to getting their tuition covered as well as single parents. Doing things this way may also allow you to take your CNA training online as many community colleges offer online accredited courses.
When you find a course that offers free CNA courses in Michigan, you will want to make sure they are an accredited CNA program which you can find out if they are accredited by calling Michigans Nurse Aide Registry at 1-800-752-4724.